The town is located in the Riviera of Ponente, east of the plain of Albenga, on the slopes of Mount Croce, elevation 541 metres (1,775 ft).
The feast of San Rocco: On 16 August, Ceriale celebrate Saint Rocco, patron saint, on this day is held on the promenade the "Fair of San Rocco" which involved walking the area and the lower Piedmont. The feast of San Rocco is particularly renowned for the evening procession of the Holy Crucifix art. To participate in this procession of the Confraternity of Liguria that parade their crucifix, exposed during the years in their parish churches. Every crucifix, while being very heavy, is carried on one shoulder by a brother who supports him with a special belt. The procession, as a rule, is opened by the Bishop of Albenga-Imperia and is closed by a band. The day ends with fireworks over the sea.
The village, an already ancient territorial dominion of the bishop of Albenga, passed in the 14th century to the Government of the Republic of Genoa. During the Middle Ages the nearby village of Capriolo was abandoned, according to local sources, as a result of an invasion of ants. Following the frequent incursions of the pirates Saracens on the Ligurian coast, a circular bastion was built adjacent to the beach in 1563, but, although the structure was adjacent to the sea, the town was attacked by Barbary pirates in 1637. The village suffered a damaging and looting, and the homes burned. Along with other towns of the Ligurian Riviera, in 1764 Ceriale participated in an uprising against Genoa and its Republic, against the heavy tax burdens. It therefore became part of the Kingdom of Sardinia in 1815, with the fall of Napoleon Bonaparte; and, in 1861, of the Kingdom of Italy. From 1973 until 31 December 2008 Ceriale was part of Ingauna Mountain Community, which was terminated by the Liguria Regional Law Number 23, 29 December 2010.
lbenga is located in the west Riviera. It has a homonymous plain at the mouth of the river Centa, which over the centuries has been the architect of the Albenga's plain, remodeling the ground several times and forcing the Albenganesi to adopt embankments and bridges since its foundation. Until the 17th century, it based its economy on maritime trade, as the city was built on the delta of the Centa and was surrounded by walls and bridges. With the closure of other roads estuary delta, which occurred first at the hands of the Genoese and later as the work of nature, now the river runs along the center flowing to the estuary. Even the memory of the old bridges was deleting itself. It is the main center of the district Albenganese, which extends from Finale to Andora and its hinterland. It includes the nature reserve of island Gallinara, where apparently lived St. Martin of Tours. Just dedicated to this saint was a monastery on the island. After 1064 it became the possession of the abbey of Abbadia Alpina.
A settlement of pre-Roman origins on the west side of the Ligurian coast, it was founded around the 4th century BC on the slopes of the coastal hills, becoming the capital of the Ingauni Ligures tribe, who dedicated to marine activities and controlled a large territory between Finale and Sanremo.
During the Second Punic War the city allied itself with the Carthaginians, but were defeated by the Romans under proconsul Lucius Aemilius Paullus Macedonicus in 181 BC. The following year the Romans and the Ingauni signed a foedus (alliance agreement) which began the total Romanization of the whole region. Put under Latin rights in 89 BC, Albingaunum was granted the Roman citizenship in 45 BC under Julius Caesar, starting to enjoy, with the beginning of the Empire, a period of prosperity. A further boost for the city came from the building of the Via Julia Augusta (13 BC), connecting it to southern France and Spain. In the meantime the intense exploitation of the flat land around the city continued.
Alassio is a town and comune in the province of Savona situated in the western coast of Liguria, northern Italy, approximately 80 kilometres (50 miles) from the French border. Alassio is known for its natural and scenic views. The town centre is crossed by a pedestrianized cobbled road known as the Budello. The town has sandy beaches, blue sea, and many bars and restaurants on the sea front. Alassio has also a pier known as "Molo di Alassio" or "Pontile Bestoso" which offers views of the town. Alassio is situated on the Riviera di Ponente coast, and it has a small tourist port (porticciolo) named "Luca Ferrari". It is also a health resort in winter and a bathing place in summer and has many hotels.
Alassio is thought to have been founded in the 10th Century, in the area of "St Anna ai Monti Church" where a family nucleus first resided, then subsequent members moved in the hilly area of "Madonna delle Grazie" which is still known with the name "Caste'". Here one of the first Heraldic symbols of the town is still visible.
Control of the town was eventually taken by the monks from the island of Gallinara and later by the commune of Albenga. In 1521 a series of defensive walls was built to defend the town from Barbary pirate raids. It was subsequently a possession of the Republic of Genoa and, from the early 19th century onwards, of the Kingdom of Sardinia. It became part of the Kingdom of Italy in 1861.
Alassio became a tourist resort in the late 19th century, thanks to the presence of English tourists.
Known for its white sand beaches and its views, Finale Ligure is located directly adjacent to the Rock of Caprazoppa, a steep limestone mountain on the southwest, and much of the town extends up hill slopes. The town has a lively commercial district. The boardwalk is lined with palm trees and many restaurants from the adjacent street have located large, open-air dining rooms along it. The town of Finale Ligure is nominally divided into three "boroughs". Finale Ligure Marina (Finalmarina) is the main seaside part of the town, most frequented by tourists, while Finale Pia (Finalpia) is the traditional center of the town, where a Benedictine abbey still stands. Finalborgo, the third borough and located further inland, consists of an old walled medieval town.
Caves attesting the presence of human settlements in the area as early as the Neolithic age have been found. During the Roman times, the burgh of Finale was known as Ad Fines ("On the Border"), as it marked the boundary between two of the main Ligurian tribes: the Sabatii in the east, and the Intemelii in the west.
In Roman times the area hosted a road and post station named Pollupex (Pollupice, in Italian) along the via Julia Augusta; it is supposed that it was situated where nowadays the frazione of Calvisio stands. Important was in those times also the port of Varicottis (Varigotti), now interred, as were the fortifications in Perti (Castrum Perticae, active to the Middle Ages), later integrated in the Byzantine limes against the Ostrogoths and Lombards.
The first document citing the town is from 967, when it was included in the Marca Aleramica created by Emperor Otto I. Later a possession of Bonifacio Del Vasto, it was inherited by the Del Carretto who made it the base of a powerful Marquisate which they enlarged absorbing the neighbouring fiefs, and which raised the hostility of the Republic of Genoa.
Bed and Breakfast 4:20 Via Campore n.5 17023 SV Ceriale
Cell: + 39 329.7209074 Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org